Sourced from the foothills of Mt Canoolas, Orange at an altitude of 880 meters above sea level, these vineyards have extremely fertile soil, rich in volcanic ash. It is deep well drained clay loam, and red and brown ferrosol soils derived from basalt, with silty textures being found at hill top sites.
- Current release is the 2019 vintage (release June 2019)
- From the famous Braemore vineyard, planted 1969 on the alluvial flats of Hermitage Road
- This style is all about freshness, vibrancy and varietal purity.
- Delicate lemongrass and lime fruit characters with a zesty acidity.
- Awesome current drinking or cellar with confidence
- Perfect with freshly shucked oysters/pan fried whiting filles/sashimi
- This is the 18th consecutive vintage of Braemore semillon produced
A dry winter and spring along with record warmth in October saw the vines race to another very early harvest. Flowering and fruit-set was uninterrupted, leading to better than average yields statewide. Yields were up on recent years, but such was vine health that almost all blocks looked balanced. The summer was the warmest on the record, thanks to consistently mild temperatures (and relatively few hot days).
2 x Sew and Sew 2016 Adelaide Hills Chardonnay.
2 x Sew and Sew 2014 Adelaide Hills Pinot Noir.
2 x Sew and Sew 2015 Adelaide Hills Syrah.
A stunning white variety originating from Campania in Southern Italy. With low yielding vines, smaller bunches and berries, this variety is heat tolerant, with high disease resistance and higher natural acid.